In the year that David Bowie died, Brexit shocked us, 'Hiddleswift' was a thing and Trump trumped, we are all asking ourselves was 2016 really the worst year ever?
Find out in this special* commemorative book**.
Inside this cathartic memento of the annus shitabulus that was 2016 you'll find a hilarious guide to everything that went wrong and the few - very few - things that actually went right. For example:
- How was it that politics completely jumped the shark this year?
- From Bowie to Prince, Ali to Cohen, we celebrate the many extraordinary artists who died rather than see Trump become President
- Compare 2016 with other terrible years in history - is it really the very worst?
- Make sense of Manbuns, Pokemon Go, Hygge, Nigel Farage and other nonsense
- With the aid of an electron microscope we hunt for something good that actually happened
- Feel relieved about all the bad things that didn't occur - yet (there's always 2017, folks!)
Featuring some really badly drawn illustrations, this comic compendium will soothe your troubled soul - before you throw it in the bin and prepare your mightily hungover self to face 2017. It has to be better, right?
* i.e. hastily put together
** Warning: this book will spontaneously combust at midnight on December 31st 2016
|Title||:||F*ck You, 2016|
|Number of Pages||:||80 pages|
This little book is pure comedic, cathartic gold. We got sample pages sent to my workplace today ... this is a must-have for all of us nursing the 2016 hangover. You all need this. ...
Fascinating that this book exists at all - I know other end of the year review books but none dedicated to castigating the year in question. 2016 has been interesting, no doubt.More interesting, what ...
Read it and weep...and laugh! Very funny and very crude (if you don't like bad language avoid this one - there is a lot of swearing and some very inventive insults!)...
Purchased just before George Michael and Carrie Fisher both passed away –lives up to the "hastily put together" footnote on the back cover!...
Yes, fuck you 2016! You were an epic fail and I can't wait for you to be past!...
Maybe it's all a bit obvious, but this is one of the very few times I've enjoyed a blurb seen in the new style newsfeed (oh yes, that was another rubbish thing introduced in 2016)....